Error loading simbrain files on Ubuntu

Garred
Hello! and sorry for my bad english...

I get warnings like "Could not find workspace file ./simulation/sims/vehicles/two_agents.sim" each time I'm trying to open a file. It's the only thing not working correctly. How can I solve it?

Instalation path is /home/[userfolder]/../Simbrain2/, and I don't execute it with root user. I don't know if this is important.

Thanks!

Re: Error loading simbrain files on Ubuntu

jyoshimi
Administrator
Hello,

That error usually occurs when the workspace file (in this case, the default workspace, "two_agents.sim") can't be located.   Simbrain stores the last open workspace file as a user preference, so that when you start Simbrain the last workspace you worked with is automatically loaded.  So, you can get rid of the error simply by opening a new workspace file.   To do this, just go to File > Open Workspace, and navigate to the "sims" folder, in your case  /home/[userfolder]/../Simbrain2/simulations/sims and open a workspace file.   two_agents.sim is in simulations/sims/vehicles.

After you open it, next time you reopen Simbrain it should automatically load that workspace file.

Tell me if this works.  If not, it may be something else specific to Ubuntu (I have not tested Simbrain on Ubuntu), which I can look into.

- Jeff

Re: Error loading simbrain files on Ubuntu

Garred
Hello, thanks for your reply!

I tried to open other files (workspace files, networks files...) but I always get this error. I tried to change all files permissions but it don't work.

I tried to save a random neural net or workspace and I don't get any error message, but simbrain only create empty files.

Re: Error loading simbrain files on Ubuntu

jyoshimi
Administrator
Ouch!  Ok, I'll try running on Ubuntu to see if I can replicate the problem.   It may take me a few days to get back to you as I hunt down a suitable machine for testing.  Thanks,

- Jeff

Re: Error loading simbrain files on Ubuntu

qlue
It appears that this bug is still present. Any closer to a solution?

Re: Error loading simbrain files on Ubuntu

jyoshimi
Administrator
I never did get around to doing that, and things are as busy as ever.   Part of the problem is I don't have easy access to a linux machine.    If someone with Ubuntu wants to work with me offline to figure this out I'd be open to it.  Or if someone wants to donate a cheap linux laptop to the cause :)

By the way how does Simbrain 3 alpha run on linux?

Cheers,

- Jeff

Re: Error loading simbrain files on Ubuntu

Georg
I have the same problem on Linux Mint 11 (ubuntu based)

Simbrain 3 does not run, the splash screen is visible for a half a second, thats it. I would help out finding the problem.

-Georg