Input Backprop from Odorworld not working

Input Backprop from Odorworld not working

MatteoM668
Hi,

I have some problems making the inputs of a backprop to change after coupling them to an agent in an odorworld.
I followed the video tutorial from the youtube channel showing how to create couplings and the video about creating Braitenberg Vehicles, I tried it myself and it works! The network inputs change if I move the cheese near the mouse's sensors.
But, if I do the same things with a backprop, inputs don't change... Inputs stay fixed at the same value that they had before starting the simulation, but the outputs work correctly, in my case the outputs are connected to the mouse that moves the right way. In odorworld the mouse sensors becomes red but the input neurons don't change value...
Is there something that i forget to do? Or something that I don't know?

Thanks in advance,
Matteo

Re: Input Backprop from Odorworld not working

jyoshimi
Administrator
Hi there!

I suspect what's happening is that you need to unclamp the input nodes of the backprop network.  Somehwhat counterintuitively, during training they are clamped.  Check those input nodes and let me know if that fixes it. Cheers

Jeff

Re: Input Backprop from Odorworld not working

MatteoM668
Yes, that was the fix!
Thank you very much Jeff

Matteo