"Warning!" dialog every time during run

Jon

"Warning!" dialog every time during run

Jon
I have installed Simbrain under Linux (Ubuntu), with Java VM default-jre (1.8).

Following tutorial instructions (from http://www.cs.pomona.edu/~dkauchak/classes/s13/cs311-s13/lectures/NN-lab.pdf, for right or for wrong), I try to change the value of a neuron while the simulation is iterating, by double-clicking it.  Every time this brings up a dialog: the title is Warning! [sic.] and the content text is blank.  At this point the simulation is paused.  I can click the "X" box to close it successfully, and then the neuron's Properties dialog comes up OK.  At that point the simulation continues to run.

As I say, this happens on any graph, on any neuron or synapse, every time I double-click while running (if I single-step, it does not happen).  Do you have any idea what this warning is and how to get rid of it?  It's very annoying every time!  (I just discovered that for a neuron/synapse I can select it and use the arrow keys to change its value without that warning coming up, which is a help, but not if I want the dialog.)
Jon

Re: "Warning!" dialog every time during run

Jon
Further information.  I have just tried selecting the neuron/synapse carefully and using the right-click menu to invoke Edit 1 selected neuron/synapse.  This gives me a Warning! dialog, but this time has content which explains it may not be advisable to change properties while running.  (Slightly different situation: this time the simulation keeps running while the warning dialog is displayed, whereas in the double-click case the simulation is paused.  Maybe indicating in that case something is wrong in the code.)

But I guess this indicates that you intend to throw up this warning dialog in the double-click situation too?  So we are not really supposed to edit the full neuron/synapse parameters while running, but it's OK to use the arrow keys to alter just the value?  Is that how it is?

Thanks :)

Re: "Warning!" dialog every time during run

jyoshimi
Administrator
Jon wrote
So we are not really supposed to edit the full neuron/synapse parameters while running, but it's OK to use the arrow keys to alter just the value?  Is that how it is?
Yes, you got it, exactly.

- Jeff