choice of compression format

Martin Smith
I assume that was a inside joke :)

brain....jar

brain in a jar :P

This looks like it could be fun for image recognition.

Wanting to find a way to test the efficacy of captchas. Ideally rid the world of ones that actually work so well humans can';t guess em.

One day we'll have turing tests rather than captchas :D

Re: choice of compression format

Jeff Yoshimi
Hi there.   Actually the jar format is just standard java!   I hadn't even thought of the brain-in-a-vat connection.  That's pretty funny though.

I don't have any special advice on using neural networks to help eradicate the need for captchas.  I agree that in a way a captcha is a mini-turing-test.

Thanks for the interest.   We are hoping to finally release simbrain 3 this summer...