runtime for embedded systems?

rick123
This is probably pretty premature because I am nowhere near ready for it, but is there a way to save out a runtime version (in C) of a network you have built and trained so you can use a C compiler for an ATmega168 MCU to go into a product?

Re: runtime for embedded systems?

jyoshimi
Administrator
We definitely don't have anything like that set up, though we'd be happy to talk about the possibilities there.    Simbrain is pretty big, so we have not thought of it as something for embedded systems, but who knows!  We've tried to be modular and perhaps some fragment could be built out in this way.  Cheers,

- Jeff

Re: runtime for embedded systems?

Rick
Thanks Jeff,

Yes, I wasn't thinking of trying to run the whole program on a microcontroller, just extracting a C based runtime. I have a C compiler for the ATmega168. I don't know how to do this right now, but maybe sometime in the future. I know that BrainMaker offers a runtime option (pretty expensive).

Rick